The Results of MUTUAL RECOGNITION ARRANGEMENT (MRA) Provide The Trust and Responsibility for Indonesia in the Field of Surveying and Mapping
The MRA meeting which was attended by ASEAN countries resulted in the framework regulatory authority for the recognition of cooperation in survey fields with the following qualifications:
- All ASEAN Countries agreed that there are cross inter-country surveyors through Competent Authority (CA).
- Qualifications of surveyor cross-work in all ASEAN education must be at least Undergraduate.
- Competent Authority (CA) Indonesia, which was attended by the Indonesian Surveyor Association (ISI) together with the Geospatial Information Agency (BIG) in the form of Working Groups (PokJa), must formulate the implementation mechanism of surveyors working in ASEAN based on the ASEAN Registered Surveyor (ARS).
The Competent Authority (CA) has duties and responsibilities including:
- Receive Local Surveyor Registration.
- Submitting the registration of the local Surveyor to the ASEAN Competent Authority Committee (ACAC).
- Accompanying ARS to arrange work permits.
- Monitoring Registered Foreign Professional Surveyors (RFPS).
- Responsible for preparing the MRA mechanism on Surveying runs.
The agreed results provide mandate and responsibility for Indonesia. Respond to this, ISI held an Audience to the Geospatial Information Agency.